Don't open unauthorized links: CIB

The Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) of Nepal Police has urged everyone not to open unauthorized links in digital gadgets because the cases of theft were increasing via Apps and digital systems of late. 

Use of unsafe and unauthorized links is causing theft of individual's bank deposits, the CIB added.

The CIB said that various alerts and mobile number numbers were sent to people showing features similar to Connect IPS. 

It is a case of 'phishing'. Once the phishing link is opened, it gives access to one's bank account. 

To stay safe from growing cyber risk, everyone is urged to be suspicious over the links and report on time, according to CIB Spokesperson Dilip Kumar Giri.

 

Iran’s judiciary vows action against ‘enemy’s mercenaries’ amid executions

Iran’s judiciary has promised to continue taking “decisive” action against people it accuses of working for foreign interests as it reports more executions and asset seizures, Aljazeera reported. 

Judiciary and security authorities said they will “act decisively against the enemies’ mercenaries without leniency until the very last one”, according to a state television report aired late on Monday.

 

Sudan accuses Ethiopia, UAE of being behind recent drone attacks

Sudan has accused Ethiopia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) of playing a role in the recent drone attacks on the country, warning that the aggression will not be “met with silence”.

On Tuesday, the Sudanese government recalled its ambassador from Ethiopia, accusing Addis Ababa and the UAE of being behind an attack on Khartoum International Airport that forced authorities to suspend operations for three days, Aljazeera reported. 

Russian attacks kill more than 20 ahead of rival ceasefires proposed by Kyiv and Moscow

Russian attacks killed more than 20 people across Ukraine on Tuesday ahead of rival unilateral ceasefires proposed separately by Moscow and Kyiv, BBC reported. 

Authorities in Zaporizhzhia said 12 people were killed in a Russian aerial attack, which President Volodymyr Zelensky described as a "cynical terrorist strike". He said five people were killed in Kramatorsk and four in Dnipro.

In Russia, authorities in the Chuvash Republic said two people were killed and 32 injured in a drone attack on Tuesday morning.

Trump says 'Project Freedom' to be paused 'for a short period of time'

President Donald Trump has said that the US operation to guide stranded vessels through the Strait of Hormuz will be paused for a "short period of time".

Trump said "Project Freedom", which began on Monday, would be halted by "mutual agreement" because "Great Progress" had been made toward a deal with Iran, BBC reported. 

Iranian state media said the pause demonstrated that Trump had "retreated" after "continued failures" in his efforts to reopen the vital waterway for global shipping.

 

 

NMA gets Dr Rijal as its new president

The Nepal Medical Association has elected a new executive committee under leadership of Dr Badri Rijal.

As per vote counting that concluded today, the 19-member committee under leadership of Dr Rijal has been elected, shared Chief Election Officer Dr Pranaya Ratna Shakya.

Dr Rijal got 3,196 votes while his nearest rival Dr Mangal Rawal received 2,940 votes. 

Dr Sanjeev Tiwari and Dr Bishwo Raj Dawadi have been elected as senior vice-president and general-secretary of the committee respectively. 

Similarly, Dr Roshan Khadka (Koshi province), Dr Amit Ranjan Mishra (Madhes province), Dr Subas Bhattarai (Bagmati province), Dr Yagya Raj Sigdel (Gandaki province), Dr Nanda Kumari Gurung (Lumbini province), Dr Rabin Khadka (Karnali province) and Dr Pramod Joshi (Sudurpaschim province) have been elected as vice-presidents.

Likewise, Dr Samyukta Acharya, Dr Hulas Agrawal and Dr Tejasu Singh Malla, have been elected as treasurer, joint-secretary and joint-treasurer respectively.

Dr Amit Jha, Dr Rakesh Shah, Dr Palpasa Shrestha, Dr Bina Shrestha, Dr Susmit Kafle and Dr Shesh Raj Acharya are the members of the executive committee. The NMA election was held on April 17 and 18 outside the Kathmandu Valley and on May 1 and 2 in the Kathmandu Valley.

Out of 16,100 votes, 7,102 votes were cast. 

 

Court denies police request to extend judicial custody of businessman Golchha

The Kathmandu District Court has rejected the request of police to continue the judicial custody of businessman Shekhar Golchha. 

Golchha remains in judicial custody after being arrested by the police on April 27 for investigation into securities and insurance-related offenses.

A single bench of Justice Mona Singh today ordered that Golchha's detention cannot be extended for investigation. 

As a result, Golchha will be released from custody with the court's order.

 

52 children residing in holding centers start attending school

A total of 52 children currently residing at a temporary housing in the Radhaswamy Satsang Vyas Ashram in Kirtipur have started attending school from today.

The Kathmandu Metropolitan City Education Department, after consulting with students and their parents on (Monday), is sending them to Janabikas Secondary School in Ward No. 14 from today, said KMC Education Officer Namaraj Dhakal. 

Altogether 203 people from 66 families, who were brought from various places including Thapathali, Gairigaun and Sinamangal in the process of vacating the unorganized houses and huts on the riverbank, are currently in the ashram. 

Among them, there are 62 men including one with disabilities, three postpartum women, two pregnant women, 31 girls and 30 boys.

Of them, 52 children are of school-going-age. Four have completed high school or SEE this year and want to learn skills such as computers and sewing. 

Dhakal said that the KMC has made a plan to arrange skill-based training for them.

Likewise, 11 girls and 19 boys are interested in staying in the hostel. 

It may be noted that the KMC has already requested PABSON, NPABSON and HISAN for helping children with studies and accommodation.